Parkinsonism is a clinical syndrome characterized by tremor, bradykinesia, rigidity, and postural instability. It is found in Parkinson’s disease (PD), after which it is named, dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), Parkinson’s disease dementia (PDD), and many other conditions.
The UAE has over 10,000 residents suffering from Parkinson’s disease (PD). Nearly 1 of the global population suffers from PD affecting ages 20-30, reported by Suchitra Bajpai Chaudhary in Gulf News Health on April 11, 2017.
According to Dr. Jutta Marquardt published by Khaleej Times on April 11, 2016:
- An estimated seven to 10 million people worldwide are living with PD and this is expected to rise by a staggering 50 percent by 2030.
- The number of patients per 100,000 population, Arab countries come in at between 27-43 people; Europe at 66-1,500; and North America at 111-329.
- It’s mainly a person’s age, and the UAE has a young population compared to Europe. The disease is usually seen in people 50 and over but early-onset PD can come at the age of 35 and over
There are an estimated 4,250 cases of Parkinson’s in Dubai and potentially over 72,000 in the GCC reported by Dhanusha Gokulan published in Khaleej Times on April 17, 2018
Contact Physioveda Medical Center
You can visit to the Clinic by taking the appointment.
You can book an appointment for a home consultation also by:
- Call Physioveda Medical Center for inquiries on
- 800 VEDA (800 8332)
- 800 HOMECARE (800 466 322 73)
- Secure an appointment at email@example.com
Villa 181 B, Al Wasl Road near Al Ghazal Mall. Dubai, UAE.