Published by Gulf News Health
- One person in six in the UAE suffers from asthma.
- According to a 2012 study, 8 to 11 percent of the UAE population had asthma.
- Shahid Afzal, a pulmonologist from Rashid Hospital, said that a study conducted across the Middle East found that more than 14 percent of the UAE population has asthma
- International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood asthma center based in Auckland, New Zealand — reported a prevalence of physician-diagnosed asthma of 13 percent in 3,200 children aged between 6 and 13 across the UAE
- According to the World Health Organisation, 235 million people suffer from asthma
Source: https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/1-in-6-uae-residents-suffers-from-asthma-1.1815077, reported by Neha Karamchandani Special to Gulf News, April 29, 2016
Office No. 116, Al Makateb Building, Shaikh Zayed Rd, Al Quoz 3 Dubai.