Published by Emirates 24/7
- According to a report by the Abu Dhabi Statistics Centre, Abu Dhabi registered 39,392 births in 2017, an increase of 46 percent over the past decade.
- The 2017 birth rate figure for UAE nationals, non-nationals and the emirate’s total population are 29.6, 9.4 and 13.6 births per 1,000 people.
Reported by Gulf News Health
- The numbers showed that around 81 babies were born daily in Dubai in 2014, with three to four newborns reported per hour, said Arif Obaid Al Muhairi, CEO of DSC.
- The total number of newborns, both Emirati and non-Emirati, in 2014 was 29,282, at a monthly rate of 2,440 babies.
- The biostatistics report showed the annual average of Emirati newborns was 8,650, against 18,464 for non-Emiratis, bringing it to 27,114 newborns in Dubai annually from 2009 to 2014.
Office No. 116, Al Makateb Building, Shaikh Zayed Rd, Al Quoz 3 Dubai.