Diabetic Care Services in Dubai
Diabetes is a common long-term condition that affects people, of any age or gender. There might be many more people who may also have this condition but have not been diagnosed.
Our bodies need glucose to provide the fuel we need for day-to-day living. A hormone called insulin allows the glucose we need to enter the cells from the bloodstream. Diabetes is caused when glucose builds up in the bloodstream because the pancreas does not produce enough or any insulin or because the insulin is not working properly.
Physioveda provides one of the best Diabetic Care services in Dubai
Published by Imperial College London Diabetes Centre
- In 2017, 17.3% of the UAE population between the ages of 20 and 79 have type 2 diabetes
- 1 million people living with diabetes in the UAE, placing the country 15th worldwide for age-adjusted comparative prevalence.
- Rapid economic growth, sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diets characteristic to the UAE are all risk factors, leading to the number of people with diabetes expected to be double 2.2 million by 2040.
Published by International Diabetes Federation
- United Arab Emirates is one of the 19 countries and territories of the IDF MENA region. 425 million people have diabetes in the world and more than 39 million people in the MENA Region; by 2045 this will rise to 67 million. There were over 1.185.500 cases of diabetes in the UAE in 2017.
- Humaid Al Qatami, Director General of the DHA, said: “Diabetes is a disease that has reached epidemic proportions worldwide and will affect 642 million worldwide by 2040 and be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
Contact Physioveda Medical Center
Villa 181 B, Al Wasl Road near Al Ghazal Mall. Dubai, UAE.